Welcome to the first of a new series where I’ll share a mini-collection of things we’re wearing, into, obsessed with and inspired by. Look for these mood boards the first Wednesday of each month. For August, the last real month of summer, we’re holding tight to everything warm weather and observing some interesting holidays. Enjoy, Foxes! xo
1. A billion dollars in an elevator. A BILLION dollars in an elevator. Maybe it’s because I am seeing Queen Bey at AT&T tonight (woo hoo!), but her remix of Flawless with Nicki Minaj and allusion to that famous elevator ride with Jay Z and her sister is on repeat in my head.
2. Did I mention it’s the last full month of summer?! (Wah!) We’re doing all we can to hold on to pool days and summer style, which includes lots of complementing my tan by wearing my favorite summer lipstick, MAC Up the Amp and rocking the latest trend in sunnies: clear frames. We love the two-tone, cat-eye style of of these Dior shades.
3. Mark your calendars Foxes, August 17 is National Thrift Shop Day! I’m the first to admit that I don’t always have the patience to comb the racks for vintage and designer treasures. Lucky for all of us, Anastazja is a master at it. Look for a post on her top tips for popping tags later this month.
4. If thrift shops don’t get you celebrating, surely peaches will. August is National Peach Month! I come from a long line of Southern belles, so trust me when I say no one does peaches like the South. Except maybe the Chinese, I’m kind of obsessed with a new trend there of selling peaches in panties. That’s not a typo. Peaches. In. Panties. Oh, China.
5. The Tower of London has been taken over by nearly 900,000 ceramic poppies. The stunning installation by ceramic artist Paul Cummins and stage designer Tom Piper has a somber meaning, the blood-red poppies represent the fallen of WWI, which started 100 years ago this month. It’s a powerful, beautiful way to remember this history and I love how it transforms such an iconic landmark into a piece of art. It sort of reminds me of Christo’s The Gates in Central Park.
6. This month, I can’t seem to shake wearing denim shorts for every occasion. Styling appointments, nights out, just hanging. Mine are extremely similar to this distressed style by Paige— watch for a post about how to rock your own very soon.