I’m kind of a big deal today, Foxes! My post Think Fast Fashion was selected as one of the top posts of the week by one of the biggest fashion blogger communities on the Web, Independent Fashion Bloggers. Each week IFB picks 20 posts to share and promote within its community and, in-turn, we all share them with you.
It’s always amazing to be recognized by your peers, especially when in such great company! This week’s awesome style tips and reflections on fashion are great reads and, if you’re like me, you’ll learn a few things from them. For example, I self-admittedly need to raise my pinning game (sorry Foxes!). Following the advice of Chocolate Laced will make that easy. And, I’m so glad Runaway in LA confirmed what I’ve known all along: my Gossip Girl style is most like Blair’s. Long live the headband!
Spot Fawkeshunter and check out the full IFB roundup of fab fashion writing:
Practicing What We Preach
Edited by Taylor Davies
One of the most rewarding parts of working at IFB is seeing the fruits of our labor manifest itself in the brilliant and creative members of our community. As I browsed through this week’s submissions, I saw so many posts that applied many of the tips and suggestions we’ve offered in our past posts. While of course I can’t say for sure that we were the direct inspiration for all of this really great content, a blogger can dream right? No matter why it’s happening – it’s just wonderful to see! On that note, many of the selections this week delve into thoughtful discussions on style – from Galliano’s return and tired trends of 2012 to better blogging tips and a tongue-in-cheek look at successful fashion bloggers.
LINKS À LA MODE: THE IFB WEEKLY ROUND UP: JANUARY 24TH
- Attire Club: The Professional Way To Choose Colors For Your Clothes
- Chocolate Laced: 6 Ways To Use Pinterest for Style Inspiration
- Dress Code: High Fashion: The (Illustrated) History of Chloe Part 1/2: 1952-2001
- Fashion Moriarty: Galliano’s New Gig
- Fawkeshunter: Think Fast Fashion
- Girl Scout: White Here White Now
- I’m an Airhead: Practical Prom Part I: Practical.
- IFB: Your February 2013 IFB Conference Roster Revealed!
- Informed Style: Gehry Tiffany Rings
- Mis Papelicos: Building A Better Blog
- More Mascara Please: Mixing Patterns (Under $100 Challenge)
- Oh Seven Days: Hometown Talent – Malorie Urbanovitch
- Pardon My Fashion: Dark Triad
- Pinque Blog: So You Wanna Be A Fashion Blogger
- Runaway in LA: Quiz – Which Gossip Girl is Your Style?
- Style Curated: High Heel Shoes part I: Anatomy of the Heel
- The Girl With The Bun: 3 Hats To Top off an Outfit
- The Style Note: 12 Trends That Should Stay in 2012
- Two Take On Style: The Lowdown on Shapewear
- Undercover Dress-Up Lover: Bees